We know that especially in today’s day and age, it is hard to fit everything you need to teach in a school day. Type to Learn’s Custom Content feature helps with that by providing the option to upload your own content and reinforce other subjects. Content can be assigned to individual students, groups or entire classrooms.
Top Seven Custom Content Ideas:
- Vocabulary Words: Repetition is key to learning vocabulary, so what better way to reinforce this weeks’ vocabulary list than through keyboarding practice?
- History: Many teachers have used the Custom Content feature to help students memorize or read from the Preamble of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and other important documents. You could also have students type names of presidents.
- Geography: Countries, states, and capitals can be memorized easily with the help of repetition on Type to Learn.
- Speeches: Students can type excerpts from the Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln or I Have a Dream by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Science: Colors of the rainbow, planets, classifications of living things, systems in the human body…the possibilities are endless!
- News Articles: Catch students up on current events or news related to what students are learning in the classroom.
- Excerpts from Books: Reinforce important content from books, textbooks and magazines the class is currently reading.
What is your go-to for custom content? Share it with us on Twitter!