For parents or homeschool teachers interested in purchasing Type to Learn at Home for their students, it’s important to know that there are some slight differences between our At Home version and the version schools use (which is what most of our website refers to). Below is a list of the differences so you understand what you’re purchasing before completing your purchase.
How is Type to Learn at Home different from the school version?
- TTL At Home does not start with a Pre-Test. All students begin on Level 1 or Level A (for grades K-2).
- You cannot adjust any student settings yourself. Adjusting settings is only part of the full school subscription. However, if your student does have special needs and needs a setting adjusted, please check with our support team to see if they can update the settings on your account.
- The five Activities are optional to be completed instead of required.
- You cannot change your account passwords yourself. If you need a password update, we will happily do that for you, just email our support team and let them know.
- The Custom Content feature is not available for TTL At Home.
- The TTL At Home Subscription is limited to three license and auto-renews every year until canceled.
Aside from these six differences, the program works the same way for At Home students as it does for schools. This means your student learns touch typing from the same scope and sequence trusted by schools across the U.S.