A Type to Learn Lesson Includes:
- Lesson Instruction (click BEGIN)
- Activities: Big Ideas, Dig This, Drone Control, Message Master, and Reconnect (see grid for more information)
- Final Challenge
- Custom Content (if created & assigned by teacher)
Lesson Instruction (accessed by clicking BEGIN):
- Current Goals (Words per Minute and Accuracy)
- Lesson Topic
- Each Lesson consists of 4 to 7 instructional steps
- Overlay Hand Support (can be turned off by teacher/admin)
Security Check (Step 2):
- 100% accuracy is required for this step, by default, errors will return students to the beginning of Step 2. We recommend turning off this setting and allow errors in the security checks.
- To modify the settings so that errors are allowed you’ll need to change the User Options. This still requires them to type the correct key before they can proceed.
- Students must meet the goal minimums in each of the required sections to successfully complete a lesson.
- Goal minimums are automatically set to be -7 WPM below the student’s WPM goal and -10% below the student’s Accuracy goal.
- Big Ideas
Students type what they see in thought bubbles to save ideas from being lost forever. Thought bubbles are typed by the right hand or the left hand exclusively. Big Ideas is designed to focus on left hand – right hand coordination.
- Dig This
Students type accurately to carefully break the ice or stone and uncover what’s underneath. An optional metronome beat helps students type a smooth cadence. Dig This is designed to focus on accuracy and smooth typing cadence.
- Drone Control
Students type commands to pilot an unmanned drone vehicle and deliver important information. Drone Control is designed to focus on improving speed.
- Message Master
Students send important messages by typing text, dictation, and original writing prompts. Message Master is designed to focus on accuracy, dictation, and original writing.
Students use the shift keys to type lines of secret code, including capital letters, symbols, and punctuation, and rebuild infrastructure in the process. Reconnect is designed to focus on using the shift keys.
Final Challenge Requirements:
- Students must meet the goal minimums in the Final Challenge
- Goal minimums are automatically set to be -7 WPM below the student’s WPM goal and -10% below the student’s Accuracy goal
Once the Instruction, Activities and Final Challenge have all been completed, and passed, the student can move on to the next lesson.