Important things to remember when importing users:
- If you don’t have any buildings set up yet, you need to create a building before completing an import.
- Do not remove any columns from the template, or change any column headers. If you do not want to import optional data, leave those cells blank rather than removing them.
- If you include a Group in the spreadsheet that doesn’t exist in your account, it will be created for you during the import.
- Make sure your file is saved as a CSV file (Comma Delimited), not TAB delimited or any other file format.
- You will not be able to import Organization Admin users, only Students, Teachers and Building Admins.
How to Import Users into Type to Learn
Select Users Icon in the Navigation Section on the left side of the page.
Select Import Users in the upper right corner of the page.
If you still need the CSV template, you can download it from this page as well.
Once your CSV file is ready click the “Choose a File” button, then click “Upload a file” in the left sidebar, then click “Choose File“.
Select the CSV file from your computer and click “Upload this file“.
Once the CSV file is uploaded, click “Upload users“.
You will be shown a preview of the import. Check to make sure each column is pulling in the correct data. If you did not include an email address you will see an error in the Status column – you can ignore this message.
Once you have viewed your preview and it looks good, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose an Upload Type:
- Add new and update existing users
- Update existing users only
- Add new only, skip existing users
Finally, click the “Upload users” button. This upload process can take anywhere from a few seconds to 5 minutes depending on how many users are being added. Be patient while the page completes the import process.